Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"Not" Back to School Blog Hop: School Room

Heart of the Matter Online is doing a homeschooling blog hop. I missed week 1 but this week is school rooms so I jumped in. You should definitely head over there if you get a chance.                                                                         
Our school room is currently undergoing some changes but this is how it looked a few months ago. This is where we do most of our work together. I love the Expedit shelves from IKEA and the desk attachment.

This is where we do most of our computer work.We bought the desk, shelf, clock and artwork at IKEA also. The desk is really a table top and you get to pick from tons of different leg styles. We are a bit obsessed with IKEA in case you couldn't tell.

Here is a little better view of the shelving next to the boys desk. I have tons of next year's curriculum, stickers, colored paper, coloring books and any other type of school supply you can imagine in the magazine holders and baskets.

Now this isn't technically in our schoolroom but it is our reading area. Our big bag is a 6' Ultimate Sack. Such a great investment! We use it all the time.

Since this is my first blog post and I have no idea what I am doing please leave me comments. I'm hoping to fancy the place up a bit when I get some extra time (ha ha) on my hands.

8 comments:

  1. Your schoolroom is beautiful! I am also a little obsessed with IKEA. We have the same desk in our schoolroom! Best of luck!

    I just stopped over from the HOTM Not Back-to-school blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your paint color with white trim! We use white IKEA shelves too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room is beautiful! I need to save up for an Ultimate Sack...my kids would love it! Have a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great space! I love the color and I love IKEA!! Have a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a lovely, peaceful color on the walls! And I love the nice, big windows! It looks like a wonderful place to learn together!

    Have a fun year of homeschooling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think its fantastic girl! I love the background and you know I am always amazed by your mad decorating skills! I'm so proud of you! You're an awesome mom and the best friend a person could have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome space!! Love the wall colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found this in my comments, your room looks so great! Love the colors too :o) Erica www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com

    ReplyDelete