Monday, October 15, 2012

Hands on Homeschooling Review

We have been really busy these past couple of months. I mean really busy. Baseball, flag football, school, having family over, sewing, cleaning, sorting closets and moving rooms around just to name a few of the things we have been doing. Before we started back to school I knew that we would be busy because we are always busy from September through the first of the year getting stuff ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas. That's why I started looking for some kind of school work for Ellie that I didn't have to plan or design. There are a couple of different things out there for 2 year olds but after researching and a lot of praying I decided that I really wanted to use Hands on Homeschooling for her. 
I added the devotional myself. It isn't included with the curriculum.
Each curriculum is shipped in a 3-ring binder with the following sections:
(At the bottom this page are links to each individual Curriculum.)
Introduction – a welcome letter
Prep and Planning – helpful information for getting organized, getting started and getting in the mindset for homeschooling
Overview – year at a glance. The main overview shows you what topics you will be covering throughout the year as well as the Bible stories. This is a good reference to keep with you when you go to the library because you can select books (or reserve books) for your current or next month’s themes.
Lesson plans – weekly overview and daily lesson details from September through May. Each weekly overview shows you the daily activities, lists ideas for bulletin board, and notes any reservations to make or special parts to collect.
Alternate activities – lots of extra ideas to choose from in case you do not want to do (or are not prepared to do)  something in the lesson plans.
Patterns – all worksheets and patterns (including craft patterns) that you’ll need to get through your school year.
Index- alphabetical list of all of the activities so you can look them up again.

I was so excited to see all of this was included and how easy it was laid out. You want to know what really sold me on this curriculum?? Talking to the author through email. She is so kind and quick to respond with answers to any questions you might have. 

Once my order was in it took literally days to receive it and everything was in a binder, in order by month and ready to go. I was so excited to get started and so was Ellie. She begs me everyday to do school work with her brothers, so I was more than happy to comply with her wishes. 




Ellie has had so much fun tracing lines, coloring pictures, doing small crafts and so many other awesome things. My favorite thing she is learning every month is the Bible verse. How awesome is it that my 2 year old is memorizing the Bible already? I love Hands on Homeschooling and I think that if you give it a try you will too! It's amazing! Oh yeah, Zeke wanted me to say that he loves it too! Lol. I have to copy some of the coloring pages for him because he thinks they look so fun.






















Here is a link to the main website: Hands on Homeschooling

Here is what we are doing: 2 year old curriculum

What your 2 year old will learn by month: Monthly overview



So there it is! I love Hands on Homeschooling and I think it is a great choice for your 2,3,4 or 5 year old. You should definitely give the website a visit and have a look around. 


** I was given this curriculum in exchange for my fair and honest review. 


1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog! I have nominated you for a Liebster Award! You can check out more details on my blog.

    http://schoolingamonkey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete