Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Buzz Lightyear Dress

This is one of Ellie's favorite dresses! She loves Toy Story and begged and begged for a Buzz Lightyear dress to wear to Disney World. When Foo Foo Threads Pattern Shop asked me to test the Juliette pattern I knew it would be the perfect pattern for what I wanted to do.  
 When I first started cutting the fabric out I made a really cool applique just like Buzz's suit but it was just too much. Plus I wanted her to be able to wear this dress once she was over Buzz.
 Now that she has her Buzz Lightyear dress for Disney World, I have to get started on all the princess dresses she wants to wear when she eats breakfast with them. She's pretty excited, but not as excited as I am!!! :)
This is also my audition for a sewing competition called "The Sew Off" on Nap Time Crafters. This is the first time I've ever even considered trying out for a competition so we'll see how it goes. 




1 comment: