Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My first attempt at making a pattern

I can't get my pictures to upload to Facebook for some reason so I decided to post them here for some feedback. Here is the dress I wanted a pattern for. I looked everywhere and couldn't find one like it so I decided to make my own.

Here is the site you can buy the dress from but now I can't find it's exact location.

Here is what I have made so far. Keep in mind that this is  made out of an old sheet, it hasn't been hemmed, topstiched,there are no buttons or ruffles, and none of the seems are finished.



I think when I pick the actual fabric I am going to make it out of I will make the skirt a bit wider. The picture didn't look like it had many gathers so I made it small at the top and flared it outtoward the bottom but I think I like a regular square of fabric really gathered because Ellie loves to twirl. :) 

Hopefully I'll have a real dress done by the end of the week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment